01 Day Excursion to Galle
01 Day excursion to Galle and back. (from any given place)
|Day - 01||COLOMBO / GALLE / COLOMBO (Colombo or any given point)||240Km|
|En route Visit the turtle Hatchery at Kosgoda. TURTLE HATCHERY Projects have been launched to conserve the population of turtles that are reaching extinction, and such projects are found along the southern coast of Sri Lanka where turtles come ashore to lay their eggs. The turtle digs a hole on the Beach, Lays hers eggs and covers it with sand where it is supposed to incubate by the heat of the sun. What often happens is, the eggs are dug out by fisherman and sold to people who consume them. But now the eggs are bought up by the conservation projects and hatched the Natural way in enclosed areas and the two day old babies are let into the sea at night time so that the Birds don’t have a chance of picking them up. This procedure offers them a better chance of survival and sustains the endangered species. Next River Safari in Madhu Ganga BOAT SAFARI The Boat Safari on the River Madhu is something that words would not justify. Next visit Methiyagoda, METIYAGODA MOON STONE MINE AMBLANAGODA Visit Mask Museum. CITY OF GALLE Galle an ancient city is today a modern and buzzing town where even International Cricket is played. It was the most important seaport way back in history, where the sea faring merchants arrived to trade and barter. This is also where the Portuguese first set foot to Sri Lankan soil in the year 1505 and later built a fortress, which was captured and fortified by the Dutch. VISIT THE GALLE FORTRESS The fortress is one of the best preserved in the island. A visit to the fortress and to watch the sunset from the rampart is an experience unforgettable. The oldest Protestant church in the country named ‘Groote Kirk’, which was built by the Dutch, is located within the Fort. It is situated next to the New Oriental Hotel (renamed Aman Galla) which was also built by them as Governor’s Residence in 1684.|
- Transport exclusively by air-conditioned Car with English Speaking chauffeur.
- Meeting arrangements at the Hotel on arrival and departure.
- The above are nett and include all government taxes.
- Air port taxes
- Entrance fees for the following site.
- Madhu Oya River Safari USD 15Per Person. (Optional)
- Turtle Hatchery USD 02 Per Person.
- Glass Bottom Boat Ride USD 10 per person. (Optional)
- (Entrance fees to be paid directly as applicable for different programs. (Entrance Fees are Subject to Change without Prior Notice)
- Expenses of personal nature such as tipping, porters, laundry, telephones, etc.
- Video and Camera permits.
- Meals and Entrance fees through out the Excursions
- Any other services not specified above.
Ideal for long beach stay lovers